Hedden Information Management provides services, consulting, and training in creating various kinds of knowledge organization systems for both published and internal digital content:
- Hierarchical taxonomies – for browsing topics tagged to content
- Faceted taxonomies – for filtering or refining results by topical aspects
- Thesauri – for consistent indexing and accurate retrieval of large numbers of documents
- Metadata schema – for effective content management, organization, and retrieval
- Search thesauri /synonym sets – for enhanced search results
- Book indexes – for indicating page numbers of topics and names in printed books
New: Survey on interest in taxonomy licensing. Would you consider licening an existing published taxonomy, thesaurus, or other controlled vocabulary for your use? Take the survey, and the results will be reported in a future blog post.