Middle East and Islamic Studies
Political Science and International Relations
Miscellaneous Trade Books
Online Reference (Database Indexing)
Interior Design Illustrated, 2nd edition, by Christina M. Scalise, Fairchild Books/Bloomsbury Publishing Inc., 2014.
Designing Sustainable Residential and Commercial Interiors, by Lisa M. Tucker, Fairchild Books/Bloomsbury Publishing Inc., 2014.
Architectural Drafting for Interior Designers, by Lydia Sloan Cline, Fairchild Books/Bloomsbury Publishing Inc., 2014.
Estimating and Costing for Interior Designers, by Diana Allison, Fairchild Books/Bloomsbury Publishing Inc., 2014.
User Experience Design: Creating Designs Users Really Love, by Gavin Allanwood and Peter Beare, Fairchild Books/Bloomsbury Publishing Inc., 2014.
Revit Architecture 2014 for Designers, by Douglas R. Seidler, Fairchild Books/Bloomsbury Publishing Inc., 2013.
Color Studies, 3rd edition, by Edith Anderson Feisner, Fairchild Books/Bloomsbury Publishing Inc., 2013.
Mathematics for Retail Buying, 7th edition, by Bette K. Tepper, Fairchild Books/Bloomsbury Publishing Inc., 2013.
College Reading Skills, by Kathleen T. McWhorter, Pearson Custom Publishing, 2013.
Managing Diversity, 9th edition, by Norma Carr-Ruffino, Pearson, 2013.
Alabama A&M University Guide for College Writers, Pearson Custom Publishing, 2013.
Designing Your Fashion Portfolio, by Joanne Ciresi Barrett, Fairchild Books/Bloomsbury Publishing Inc., 2012
Concise Public Speaking Handbook, 3rd edition, by Steven A. Beebe and Susan J. Beebe, Pearson, 2012.
STC (Science and Technology Concepts Program) – Secondary textbooks published by Carolina Biological Supply (2010 – 2013):
- Understanding Weather and Climate
- Exploring Plate Tectonics
- Researching the Sun-Earth-Moon System
- Exploring Planetary Systems
- Investigating Biodiversity and Interdependence
- Studying the Development and Reproduction of Organisms
- Exploring Respiration and Circulation
- Investigating Digestion and Motion
- Researching Optical Systems
- Nature of Light
- Experimenting with Mixtures, Compounds, and Elements
- Energy and Matter
- Investigating Circuit Design
- Discovering Electrical Systems
- Working with Motors and Simple Machines
- Experimenting with Forces and Motions
Anders Gedacht: Text and Context in the German-Speaking World, 2nd Edition, by Irene Motyl-Mudretzkyj and Michaela Späinghaus. Heinle/Cengage Learning, 2011.
Handbuch zur Deutschen Grammatik, 5th edition, by Jamie Rankin. Heinle/Cengage Learning, 2011.
Front Line of Defense: The Role of Nurses in Preventing Sentinel Events, Second Edition, Joint Commission Resources, 2006.
Middle East and Islamic Studies
The Charismatic Community: Shi’ite Identity in Early Islam, by Maria Massi Dakake. State University of New York Press, 2007.
Encyclopedia of Women and Islamic Cultures, Volume III: Family, Body, Sexuality, and Health, edited by Suad Joseph. Brill Academic Publishers, 2005.
Encyclopedia of the Modern Middle East and North Africa, 2nd ed (online database) Gale/Cengage Learning: indexing all 3000 entries of all 4 volumes
World Eras, Volume 2, Rise and Spread of Islam (622-1500) (online database) Gale/Cengage Learning.
See also Middle East in the News titles under Children’s Nonfiction.
Political Science and International Relations
The World Island: Eurasian Geopolitics and the Fate of the West, by Alexandros Peterson. Praeger/ABC-CLIO, 2011.
National Security Mom: Why “Going Soft” Will Make America Strong, by Gina M. Bennett. Wyatt-MacKenzie Publishing, 2008.
Ivory Towers and Nationalist Minds: Universities, Leadership, and the Development of the American State, by Mark R. Nemec, University of Michigan Press, 2006.
Half-Life of a Zealot, by Swanee Hunt. Duke University Press, 2006.
Homeland Security and Terrorism, by Russell D. Howard, James J.F. Forest, and Joanne Moore. McGraw-Hill, 2005.
Rabbit’s Blues: The Life and Music of Johnny Hodges, by Con Chapman, Oxford University Press, 2019.
The History of Bulgaria, by Frederick B. Chary, Greenwood/ABC-CLIO, 2011.
A Brief History of Saudi Arabia, Second Edition, by James Wynbrandt, Facts on File, 2010.
A Brief History of Bolivia, Second Edition, by Waltraud Q. Morales, Facts on File, 2010.
African Cities: Competing Claims on Urban Spaces, edited by Francesca Locatelli and Paul Nugent. Brill, 2009.
A Brief History of Korea by Mark Peterson, Facts on File, 2009.
A Brief History of Pakistan by James Wynbrandt, Facts on File, 2008.
The Window Shop: Safe Harbor for Refugees, by Ellen Miller, Ilse Heyman, and Dorothy Dahl, 2007.
Montgomery: D-Day Commander, by Nigel Hamilton, Potomac Books, 2007.
African American Heritage in the Upper Housatonic Valley, Berkshire Publishing Group, 2006.
SP Century: Boston’s Society of Printers through 100 Years of Change, edited by Scott-Martin Kosofsky, The Society of Printers, 2006.
Carlisle, As the Mosquito Saw It: A History of Our Town Through Newspaper Excerpts, 1972-2004. Carlisle Communications Inc., 2005.
“Middle East in the News” series of Enslow Publishers Inc.:
- Syria in the News: Past, Present, and Future, by Tony Zurlo, 2006.
- Iraq in the News: Past, Present, and Future, by Wim Coleman and Pat Perrin, 2006.
- Saudi Arabia in the News: Past, Present, and Future, by David Schaffer, 2006.
- Israel in the News: Past, Present, and Future, by David Aretha, 2006.
- Palestine in the News: Past, Present, and Future, by Todd Gonzales, 2006.
“The Wild History of the American West” series of Enslow Publishers Inc.:
- The Louisiana Purchase: The Deal of the Century that Doubled the Nation, by David Schaffer, 2006.
- The Oregon Trail and the Daring Journey West by Wagon, by Amy Graham, 2006.
What Made the Wild West Wild, by Wim Coleman and Pat Perrin, 2006.
- The Amazing Erie Canal and How a Big Ditch Opened Up the Nation, by Wim Coleman and Pat Perrin, 2006.
Biographies for Enslow Publishers Inc.:
- Janis Joplin: “Take Another Piece of my Heart,” by Edward Willet, 2008.
- Joan of Arc: Warrior Saint of France, by Paul B. Thompson, 2007.
- William the Conqueror: Last Invader of England, by Tom McGowen, 2007.
- Saladin, Sultan of Egypt and Syria, by Richard Worth, 2007.
- Jack Kerouac: “The Road is Life,” by Richard Worth, 2006.
- Pericles: Great Leader of Ancient Athens, by Don Nardo, 2006.
- J.K. Rowling: Author of Harry Potter, by Karen Leigh Harmin, 2006.
Other Children’s Nonfiction for Enslow Publishers Inc.:
Steel Tough – The Pittsburgh Steelers, by David Aretha, 2007.
Owls: Hunters of the Night, by Elaine Landau, 2007.
The U.S. Army and Military Careers, by Earle Rice Jr., 2006.
The New Digital Scholar: Exploring and Enriching the Research and Writing Practices of NextGen Students, edited by Randall McClure and James P. Purdy. Information Today, Inc., 2013.
Recall of Landmarks in Information Space, by Molly Emmons Sorrows. University of Pittsburgh Press, 2004.
ChemoBrain:How Cancer Therapies Can Affect Your Mind, by Ellen Clegg. PrometheusBooks, 2009.
Invest in Joy: A Journey to Inner Peace and Personal Empowerment, by Dorothy Lee and Kathryn Harwig. INSIGHT, A Wyatt-MacKenzie Imprint, 2009.
Charter Schools: The Ultimate Handbook for Parents, by Karin Piper. Wyatt-MacKenzie Publishing, 2009.
Massachusetts Society of Professors at Lowell Agreement, 2006.
Online Reference Works (Database indexing)
Encyclopedia of the Modern Middle East and North Africa, 2nd ed, Gale/Cengage Learning: indexing all 3000 entries of all 4 volumes
Encyclopedia of the Modern Middle East and North Africa, 1st ed., volumes 1 and 2, Gale/Cengage Learning: person names indexing
World Eras, Volume 2, Rise and Spread of Islam (622-1500),
Encyclopedia of the Renaissance, Gale/Cengage Learning: person names indexing for all volumes
Dictionary of the Middle Ages, volumes 1 and 2, Gale/Cengage Learning: person names indexing
Literary Resource Center, Gale/Cengage Learning: author names indexing
Science Resource Center, Gale/Cengage Learning: online indexing of individual state science curriculum standards for grades 9-12.