Hedden Information Management provides training and feedback in creating various kinds of knowledge organization systems for both published and internal digital content:
- Hierarchical taxonomies – for browsing topics tagged to content
- Faceted taxonomies – for filtering or refining results by topical aspects
- Thesauri – for consistent indexing and accurate retrieval of large numbers of documents
- Metadata schema – for effective content management, organization, and retrieval
- Ontologies – for modeling semantic relationships between defined classes and their entities
- Book indexes – for indicating page numbers of topics and names in printed books
New: If you work as a taxonomist, please complete the taxonomist survey, due January 28, 2022, for your input to be included in the next edition of The Accidental Taxonomist book.