Middle East and Islamic Studies
Political Science and International Relations
Miscellaneous Trade Books
Online Reference (Database Indexing)
Interior Design Illustrated, 2nd edition, by Christina M. Scalise, Fairchild Books/Bloomsbury Publishing Inc., 2014.
Designing Sustainable Residential and Commercial Interiors, by Lisa M. Tucker, Fairchild Books/Bloomsbury Publishing Inc., 2014.
Architectural Drafting for Interior Designers, by Lydia Sloan Cline, Fairchild Books/Bloomsbury Publishing Inc., 2014.
Estimating and Costing for Interior Designers, by Diana Allison, Fairchild Books/Bloomsbury Publishing Inc., 2014.
User Experience Design: Creating Designs Users Really Love, by Gavin Allanwood and Peter Beare, Fairchild Books/Bloomsbury Publishing Inc., 2014.
Revit Architecture 2014 for Designers, by Douglas R. Seidler, Fairchild Books/Bloomsbury Publishing Inc., 2013.
Color Studies, 3rd edition, by Edith Anderson Feisner, Fairchild Books/Bloomsbury Publishing Inc., 2013.
Mathematics for Retail Buying, 7th edition, by Bette K. Tepper, Fairchild Books/Bloomsbury Publishing Inc., 2013.
College Reading Skills, by Kathleen T. McWhorter, Pearson Custom Publishing, 2013.
Managing Diversity, 9th edition, by Norma Carr-Ruffino, Pearson, 2013.
Alabama A&M University Guide for College Writers, Pearson Custom Publishing, 2013.
Designing Your Fashion Portfolio, by Joanne Ciresi Barrett, Fairchild Books/Bloomsbury Publishing Inc., 2012
Concise Public Speaking Handbook, 3rd edition, by Steven A. Beebe and Susan J. Beebe, Pearson, 2012.
STC (Science and Technology Concepts Program) – Secondary textbooks published by Carolina Biological Supply (2010 – 2013):
- Understanding Weather and Climate
- Exploring Plate Tectonics
- Researching the Sun-Earth-Moon System
- Exploring Planetary Systems
- Investigating Biodiversity and Interdependence
- Studying the Development and Reproduction of Organisms
- Exploring Respiration and Circulation
- Investigating Digestion and Motion
- Researching Optical Systems
- Nature of Light
- Experimenting with Mixtures, Compounds, and Elements
- Energy and Matter
- Investigating Circuit Design
- Discovering Electrical Systems
- Working with Motors and Simple Machines
- Experimenting with Forces and Motions
Anders Gedacht: Text and Context in the German-Speaking World, 2nd Edition, by Irene Motyl-Mudretzkyj and Michaela Späinghaus. Heinle/Cengage Learning, 2011.
Handbuch zur Deutschen Grammatik, 5th edition, by Jamie Rankin. Heinle/Cengage Learning, 2011.
Front Line of Defense: The Role of Nurses in Preventing Sentinel Events, Second Edition, Joint Commission Resources, 2006.
The Charismatic Community: Shi’ite Identity in Early Islam, by Maria Massi Dakake. State University of New York Press, 2007.
Encyclopedia of Women and Islamic Cultures, Volume III: Family, Body, Sexuality, and Health, edited by Suad Joseph. Brill Academic Publishers, 2005.
Encyclopedia of the Modern Middle East and North Africa, 2nd ed (online database) Gale/Cengage Learning: indexing all 3000 entries of all 4 volumes
World Eras, Volume 2, Rise and Spread of Islam (622-1500) (online database) Gale/Cengage Learning.
See also Middle East in the News titles under Children’s Nonfiction.
The World Island: Eurasian Geopolitics and the Fate of the West, by Alexandros Peterson. Praeger/ABC-CLIO, 2011.
National Security Mom: Why “Going Soft” Will Make America Strong, by Gina M. Bennett. Wyatt-MacKenzie Publishing, 2008.
Ivory Towers and Nationalist Minds: Universities, Leadership, and the Development of the American State, by Mark R. Nemec, University of Michigan Press, 2006.
Half-Life of a Zealot, by Swanee Hunt. Duke University Press, 2006.
Homeland Security and Terrorism, by Russell D. Howard, James J.F. Forest, and Joanne Moore. McGraw-Hill, 2005.
The History of Bulgaria, by Frederick B. Chary, Greenwood/ABC-CLIO, 2011.
A Brief History of Saudi Arabia, Second Edition, by James Wynbrandt, Facts on File, 2010.
A Brief History of Bolivia, Second Edition, by Waltraud Q. Morales, Facts on File, 2010.
African Cities: Competing Claims on Urban Spaces, edited by Francesca Locatelli and Paul Nugent. Brill, 2009.
A Brief History of Korea by Mark Peterson, Facts on File, 2009.
A Brief History of Pakistan by James Wynbrandt, Facts on File, 2008.
The Window Shop: Safe Harbor for Refugees, by Ellen Miller, Ilse Heyman, and Dorothy Dahl, 2007.
Montgomery: D-Day Commander, by Nigel Hamilton, Potomac Books, 2007.
African American Heritage in the Upper Housatonic Valley, Berkshire Publishing Group, 2006.
SP Century: Boston’s Society of Printers through 100 Years of Change, edited by Scott-Martin Kosofsky, The Society of Printers, 2006.
Carlisle, As the Mosquito Saw It: A History of Our Town Through Newspaper Excerpts, 1972-2004. Carlisle Communications Inc., 2005.
- Syria in the News: Past, Present, and Future, by Tony Zurlo, 2006.
- Iraq in the News: Past, Present, and Future, by Wim Coleman and Pat Perrin, 2006.
- Saudi Arabia in the News: Past, Present, and Future, by David Schaffer, 2006.
- Israel in the News: Past, Present, and Future, by David Aretha, 2006.
- Palestine in the News: Past, Present, and Future, by Todd Gonzales, 2006.
“The Wild History of the American West” series of Enslow Publishers Inc.:
- The Louisiana Purchase: The Deal of the Century that Doubled the Nation, by David Schaffer, 2006.
- The Oregon Trail and the Daring Journey West by Wagon, by Amy Graham, 2006.
What Made the Wild West Wild, by Wim Coleman and Pat Perrin, 2006.
- The Amazing Erie Canal and How a Big Ditch Opened Up the Nation, by Wim Coleman and Pat Perrin, 2006.
Biographies for Enslow Publishers Inc.:
- Janis Joplin: “Take Another Piece of my Heart,” by Edward Willet, 2008.
- Joan of Arc: Warrior Saint of France, by Paul B. Thompson, 2007.
- William the Conqueror: Last Invader of England, by Tom McGowen, 2007.
- Saladin, Sultan of Egypt and Syria, by Richard Worth, 2007.
- Jack Kerouac: “The Road is Life,” by Richard Worth, 2006.
- Pericles: Great Leader of Ancient Athens, by Don Nardo, 2006.
- J.K. Rowling: Author of Harry Potter, by Karen Leigh Harmin, 2006.
Other Children’s Nonfiction for Enslow Publishers Inc.:
The New Digital Scholar: Exploring and Enriching the Research and Writing Practices of NextGen Students, edited by Randall McClure and James P. Purdy. Information Today, Inc., 2013.
ChemoBrain:How Cancer Therapies Can Affect Your Mind, by Ellen Clegg. PrometheusBooks, 2009.
Invest in Joy: A Journey to Inner Peace and Personal Empowerment, by Dorothy Lee and Kathryn Harwig. INSIGHT, A Wyatt-MacKenzie Imprint, 2009.
Charter Schools: The Ultimate Handbook for Parents, by Karin Piper. Wyatt-MacKenzie Publishing, 2009.
Encyclopedia of the Modern Middle East and North Africa, 2nd ed, Gale/Cengage Learning: indexing all 3000 entries of all 4 volumes
Encyclopedia of the Modern Middle East and North Africa, 1st ed., volumes 1 and 2, Gale/Cengage Learning: person names indexing
Encyclopedia of the Renaissance, Gale/Cengage Learning: person names indexing for all volumes
Dictionary of the Middle Ages, volumes 1 and 2, Gale/Cengage Learning: person names indexing
Literary Resource Center, Gale/Cengage Learning: author names indexing
Science Resource Center, Gale/Cengage Learning: online indexing of individual state science curriculum standards for grades 9-12.