Corporate Onsite Taxonomy Workshop Options
Schedule an onsite taxonomy workshop with Heather Hedden at your location.
- Less costly than sending 3-4 or more employees to a conference workshop
- Can be customized to be more relevant to your needs
- Can be scheduled at a date of your convenience
- Teaches more people in your organization about taxonomies
- Fosters cross-team dialog about the the possibilities for taxonomies in your organization
All workshops are divided into sections/modules, and different attendees may attend different modules as appropriate for their interests and levels of experience.
There is no limit to the number of participants, however it is recommended to limit participation in the module that focuses on taxonomy term and relationship building to those with the greatest interest, because interactive exercises are best with limited but focused participants. A number of 5-40 participants in interactive sessions is suggested.
One-day, partial day (2-5 hours)
This workshop can either include most taxonomy topics of a full-day workshop with not as much in depth, or it can be more focused in an area (e.g. taxonomy and metadata, taxonomy creation best practices, taxonomy implementations, etc.)
Fee range: $1000 – $1700
One-day, full day (6-8 hours)
This workshop most closely follows the outline of full-day pre-conference workshops, with some customization/selection of outline topics.
This workshop may be divided into two parts, with the first part for a larger, general audience, and a second part for taxonomy practitioners.
Fee range: $1900 – $2300
Two days (4-6 hours per day / 8-12 hours total)
This workshop is similar to the full-day workshop, but is split over two days for the convenience of participants, and the longer length option offers more time for interactive exercises, some additional topics of choice, and more discussion.
This workshop may be divided into two or three parts, with the first part for a larger, general audience, a second part for taxonomy practitioners, and a third part for those involved in the taxonomy implementation process but not necessarily in building taxonomies.
Fee range: $2300 – $3000
- Semi-customization of workshop outline topics/outline, 2-3 example slides, and group exercises
- Pre-planning meetings (for content, logistics, technology, etc.)
- Workshop delivery, exercise and activity facilitation, and ample Q&A time
- File(s) of presentation slides for unrestricted internal distribution
- Right to record the workshop and to distribute the recording internally
Fee does not include:
- Customization of presentation content with all or most examples from the organization’s content or type of content (although this can be arranged for an additional charge)
- Answering specific case questions outside of the workshop session time (although add-on taxonomy consulting services can be arranged for an additional charge)
Additionally, all travel expenses (personal car mileage if local, train or airfare, ground transportation, parking, tolls, meals, possibly car rental) must be paid, as either a lump sum allowance or reimbursed for individual documented expenses.
Workshops are available onsite throughout North America. Worldwide is possible depending on location and scheduling. There may be a supplemental fee for long distance travel time (over 4 hours roundtrip) of $60/hour and capped at $1000 (waived if travel is combined with another purpose).
Please e-mail or call (978-467-5195) Heather Hedden to discuss your needs.